Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What was your HQ Simply Sixteen Longarm experience >

What was your HQ Simply Sixteen Longarm experience

What was your HQ Simply Sixteen Longarm experience

Old 07-29-2017, 05:26 AM

Default What was your HQ Simply Sixteen Longarm experience

After 4 years of quilting I have amassed 6 quilt tops that need quilting. The tops that I have finished, have been down on a 5 inch throat machine ( yes a king size quilt which was my first quilt) or a 9 inch throat (Babylock Jazz). What's holding me back from finishing the others, shoulder and neck discomfort from pushing, shoving and rolling the quilt through the machine's throat.
A longarm had been out of the question due to size and cost until I happened to stop at a store yesterday.
I saw several quilting systems that had a smaller floor footprint and decided to try all of them. This was my first time trying even touching a longarm. I played around on 5 different brands and found that I fell in love with the HandiQuilter Simply Sixteen and how easy it was to do echoing, feathers, and meandering .
So now I am seriously thinking of attending the store's tech party to see what type of offer will be available for this system. I have search QB and found several older posts. I would like to know what your experience has been using your Simply Sixteen for a while? What would you like changed? Do you have any regrets? Thanks
Old 07-29-2017, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

one of my friends has one... she's in her eighties and just loves it. i tried it, but my fmq skills need improving, but i do like the open area.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:42 AM

It's a good idea to attend the store's tech party and see if it's something you really want!
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM

Are you talking about the sit down or stand up long arm
Old 07-29-2017, 08:01 AM

The one I really like is the standup HQ simply Sixteen. I work full time and when I am at the computer , I use a standup desk in my office. I prefer standing than sitting so Just habit I guess. I tried the sit down model as well as other brands and didn't like them. Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 04:58 AM

I've had mine for a couple of years and I love it. I bought the Studio frame with it and use the 8 ft configuration because I have a small room. I use the groovy boards and pantographs all the time. It's wonderful! I never have a minute of trouble with it. I use Superior Omni thread like the dealer recommended. My dealer was so nice to work with. She and her husband came to my house and set it all up, then trained me to use it. You won't be disappointed with the Simply Sixteen!
Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 AM

I bought the BabyLock coronet. It took a little time to learn to reposition the quilt and still have to baste but it fits well in my husband office. I've done 2 queen size, 2 twin size, 2 throws, a table runner, and one wall hanging since March.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Handiquilter is a great company to work with I had an HQ sweet 16 for almost ten years then upgraded to the Avante. Their customer service is top notch and my dealer is great. I have had no complaints in 15 years of being a Handiquilter customer/ user.