Thread: Quilts of Valor
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 02:23 PM
suern3

I am making a QOV for my brother in law. Read through the QOV website because I wanted to find out if I could use the name QOV on the label. The quilt does meet their requirements since I used a free pattern that is available on their website and quilted to their specifications. My impression is that the name can be used by individual quilters and they would like you to inform them that you have presented the quilt so that it will be counted in their total of quilts. They also include links to two websites where you can purchase QOV labels and insert your relevant info. They give info for requesting a volunteer long armer but you do need to purchase a membership for about 5 dollars for that service. There is a whole lot of info to read through on the website in order to find what you are looking for. As for the shipping costs mentioned by OP, didn't notice since that was not my issue. My over all impression was that they would like to help get these special quilts presented to the military people and veterans who so deserve them.