View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:50 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sval View Post
It sounds like the rails and set up are a good place to start. I can check that all out. but it does happen all the way across the pantograph in the one same motion. Imagine the bottom half of an "O". I make marks where it is doing it and just change the swoop at that point to avoid the "bad spot".

I'll get out the set up manual and work from there. Thank you so much for all the input.
I'm not sure I understand correctly so say you have a 12 ft table and your panto pattern is spanning the entire length. Are you saying that (as an example) 4" from the bottom of the pattern the entire 12 ft length you are having the machine pull against you or fight you no matter where the machine is located along the length of the rack? Is that the case with all panto's you do? No matter what the pattern you have this issue exactly 4" from the bottom of the pattern? (or whatever the position is)

Think of your rails as an X Y axis. X is the horizontal or side to side or east west whatever term makes the most sense to you rails that are on your rack and Y is the vertical or front to back or north south rails that are on your machine carriage. If your issue is along the entire span of the X axis then I would think the problem lies with Y axis rails which are the carriage rails that the machine is rolling on when making a motion front to back. I would pay particular attention to those rails and the wheels that run along those rails. You may have a ding or a nick in one or both like cindi mentioned.