View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 12:27 PM
retiredteacher09

If you are a Facebook user, search Accuquilt and beyond. You need to join the group but this topic has been discussed and it's a great group to ask questions.

I started with a Go but then I bought a Go Big! I was thinking earlier today about my dies and how I should have purchased them as I started a new project because I have some dies that I haven't used much like the parallelograms.

Like someone else said, the strip dies are a good choice. If I bind, I use the 2.5" strip die. I also use the 1.5" one on the multiple strip die. I really like my multiple 2" finished HST die and the multiple 2.5" square die. I know you can cut the squares with the strip dies, but I cut mostly from donated scraps that are irregular shaped and/or under 5". generally. I have the strip dies from the multiple one through 3.5".

I do like my tumbler dies.

The 12" Mix and Match set came with my Go cutter from Craigslist. I bought most of the dies for the other sizes and have all 4 Companion sets.

I am sure you will love the Studio.

Prism99: Are you putting the selvedge on the bottom for the strip dies? The strip dies are the only dies that I know that doesn't need to have the selvedge edge or lengthwise grain going through perpendicular to the blades. I always put it on the bottom and the fold on the top so lengthwise grain is parallel. Hope this helps.

Connie

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 08-02-2017 at 12:35 PM.