View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
This is the cutting as suggested by EQ for the 3 inch and 6 inch blocks. When I am cutting the side triangles, I always oversize and then trim them back down. Hope this helps.
Well thank you so much Barb in Louisiana!! I finally pieced a 3 1/2" block with the measurements you sent from QE7! Yay for us! And can you believe it does require those 16th and 8th measurents. One is even 11/16ths......goodness. I had to piece very accurately and sew very slowly....not my best skill....especially after my 3rd cup of coffee this am. But I got 'er done. Now I know what size to square the different blocks to as I go along and I can cut them larger and then square down. I do appreciate your interest and help using your software. I don't think I will ever do this again as I am scared now to even cut my beautiful fabric to these precise measurements. I will let you know when my courage rises up and I begin the project. Thanks for all who weighed in. Great suggestions and support from everyone who replied. Yall have a great day! Pouring rain here so back to sewing room after some lunch!