View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 PM
cathyvv

Please, before you order any dies, check the compatibility of the dies with the Studio 2. Accuquilt has a page that tells you the compatibility.

I have a Studio, but honestly can't remember if it is a "2" or the original Studio. It is not electric. the majority of big strip dies made specifically for it are heavy. Even so, I have several different sizes 4, 4.5, 5 and 6.5 inches. They cut very nicely as long as you prepare your fabric the same way you prepare it for rotary cutting.

I also have several 1/2 square triangle dies. I really like the kind that allow you to cut several triangles at once, because I can sew 2 strips right sides together, cut, and have 3 or 4 sewn together 1/2 square triangles both cut and and pieced, ready to add to the quilt.

it is really helpful to have square dies, too. Don't go crazy on dies, though, until you have some experience using them. Buy them on sale and test each die as soon as you get it! Sometimes you get a defective one, so you want to know that asap- so you can return them.

good luck with your accuquilt; it has made quilting easier for me. Rotary cutting was literally a pain in my hands, elbows shoulders and neck.