Old 08-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Ginger's Mom

Default Juki 2010Q - Comments & Questions after first week of use.

I really like this machine! The speed reminds me of a 383 stroker engine with a super charger. It's that fast and powerful! I've been using 50 wt thread top and bobbin and I've never seen such beautiful straight even stitches before. As other people described it, it sews like butter and very quiet.

I tried out the walking foot. I guess I got one of the good ones because it sewed perfectly and no loud noise, just a soft clickity-clack. The manual said to bring the pressure regulator to the top and I did. It was very smooth. I remember others complaining of the loudness, so I brought down the pressure regulator to 3 bars from the bottom, (factory setting?) and it was loud and clunky then. I brought it back to the top.

The compensating foot. I'm kind of on the fence about this one. While it gives me a precise and perfect 1/4" seam, if there is any fraying on the edge of the fabric, small or large, it will catch under the spring-loaded part of the foot and hold it there while my fabric bunches up in the back as it feeds through. I tried lightening up the pressure and no change. Other times when there is no frayness at all, it sews a seam perfectly. Anyone have this problem? If so, what have you done.

I cleaned out the bobbin area after a couple of changes and screwed back the plate. Immediately my thread starting shredding at the needle. I took off the needle plate again to check what was going on. As I was screwing the plate back on I noticed a little bit of play in it so I screwed it back on. I saw the needle was not centered in the needle hole, but barely rubbing off to the side. I had to unscrew the plate, pull the plate towards me and screw it back in, then I lowered the needle and saw that it was centered then.

FMQ, I didn't change any settings at all, same needle, same tension, lowered the food dogs and brought the pressure regulator to the top and I had perfect stitches on both sides. It was amazing!

Automatic threader, after a dozen tries and watching videos I finally got it working.

Oil, can I buy just regular sewing machine oil from Walmart?