Old 02-09-2010, 06:47 AM
mpspeedy

I must have at least 10 different kinds of storage boxes from clear plastic to solid colored rubbermaid types. At one time I went through my whole stash and seperated everything by color. The only problem is that when I bring new stuff into the house the tubs, boxes or whatever for that particular color are already full. I also have some containers broken down into oriental, cartoon novelaties etc. etc. Then there are the tubs and boxes with yardage just for backing, batting or finished quilts. I also have 4 plastic drawer units full of thread as well as an 2 antique thread cabinets. I have a lot of sewing, serging, quilting and embroidery thread. Most of it is organized by color or purpose but it still takes up a lot of room. And then there are the stabilizers and extra hoops etc. for the embroidery machine. Those are stored in a former bedroom dresser whose top serves as a cutting or ironing surface in my sewing room. Most of my shelving units are either plastic from Walmart or garage type metal shelving also from Walmart. My stash is in three different rooms.