Old 08-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Macybaby

After 18 months, I'm still in love with my Juki. DH does the servicing for me, and after the first one he did at 1 year, he told me I use this machine so much he wanted to do the serving every 6 months. So the Juki just got it's second services, and DH reported there is no signs of wear on it (it just gets real dirty inside!).

I've never done FMQ with it, but love, love, love it for piecing and binding. I've never tried any other foot than the one that came installed.

BTW - I saw that Juki now has a clip you can install on the foot that disables being able to use the foot to activate the thread cutter. It looks like something that slips on the foot control so you can't press down with your heal. If they had that when I got my machine, I'd have gotten it in a heart beat. Now I'm use to it and rarely accidentally activate the thread cutter, and like having that ability.

However, if I was FMQ, I think I'd put it on just to be safe. It's not that big of a deal to have it happen when stitching a seam, but I'd hate having it happening while quilting.

The one item that has greatly improved my seams, is putting this guide on the machine. Since it's taped to the table, I can untape it from the machine, pull the table out so DH can do service, then put the table back and retape the part to the machine. No need to realign since it stays in place on the table. I have it cut so I can change the bobbin and oil without removing it.