Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 PM
madamekelly

O
Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
I picked this stack of blocks up from an antique store in Hannibal, MO recently. There are about 20 "flowers" already pieced, but only 1 of the coral colored one (plus a few more loose hexies). I am considering using the coral with a small coral print and making 2 more flowers to make a table runner. There are 2 different turquoise/teal colors. If I can find a couple of small prints to combine with those, they could make a small lap quilt/throw. I've looked at a bunch of 30's repro prints, but they are all either too pink/red for the coral or too blue for the turquoise/teal. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm mainly thinking the scale/type of prints from the 30's as I think they would look good, just can't find the colors I want. The fabric is a little coarser weave and has a linen weave texture to it. Feedsack?
Local LQS didn't have anything. I've been searching EBay and Etsy and can take my time as I want to find the "right" fabrics.

I included the cardboard the original maker was using to make her templates as it is kind of cute. She also used postcards for templates and they are dated 1960-61, which is probably when she was making these.

Thanks all!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578103[/ATTACH]
Just my thought from looking at your GFG pieces, try looking for a "slate blue" or a "country blue"and a "salmon" color might get you closer to your colors pictured?