Thread: I Always Wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 06:29 PM
giquilt

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
I wanted to be one of the kids in Romper Room that got their named called in the magic mirror. LOL I must have been 3-4 years old. At an older age of 6 I wanted to be one of the kids that got to sit with Bozo the Clown during his tv show. When those two dreams never came true, I never gave tv stardom another thought. I am a member of the Actor's Guild though. I was in a tv commercial and got paid for it.
i was on Romper Room when I was 5, but as an audience pan. Our whole kindergarten class drove 80 miles to watch.

My husband was an actual "student" for a week (Three years earlier.) His mother filmed with her movie camera and we have it on tape. He wore a cute little light blue cardigan. My DH was also on the Johnny Carson show quite by accident. He was refereeing a celebrity basketball game in Nashville. Garth Brooks made a 3 point shot. When Garth appeared on the Tonight show the next week they showed the clip. My husband was panned as the referee with his arms vertical to show it was for three points. Several friends called because they recognized him.