Thread: Pet Bedding
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
Throws are the small acrylic rectangles about 50 x 60 inches....they dry quickly, one single layer. The staff will fold them over to thicken up if the need to. Flannel pills a lot, causing a buildup of lint in the laundry (and frays around the seams). No more than two layers sew together, ideally without stuffing. Maybe a thin layer of poly batting, quilted closeley. I think they would work with their equipment.

I just got back from the shelter as a matter of face. What they use tons of are washclothes (they use to clean the cages, and can only use once before they have to be washed). Lots of towels are used for placement in the crates, and of course the waterproof pads I spoke of earlier.

The shelter director told me today she had to get rid of those pillows/beds that have been donated and are filled with quilting fabric scraps. They are not practical for the shelter.
I would guess we did probably washed ten or more loads of laundry today, and I still had some I couldn't get started until tomorrow a.m. The dryers (two) can't keep up.