View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 06:25 AM
tranum

If all else fails, lunch can be a fried egg sandwich or a banana with peanut butter. I make large meat portions (3# meatloaf or a turkey breast for example) and it solves the problem for several days. I often have cooked potatoes, hard boiled eggs and cooked saffron rice in the refrig for meal starters. Individual frozen entrees work with a side of cooked veggies or a tossed salad. I make a big batch of meatballs and freeze them on cookie sheets, transfer to a plastic freezer bag. I take out enough for a meal and only had the mess one time.

I discovered frozen lasagna and when it's on sale, I think it's cheaper than homemade. (and a lot less work!). Ive done Oatmeal in a Jar for breakfast and Salad in a Jar for lunch. I make up enough jars for 3-5 days. I wash up assorted chopped greens and use a salad spinner, it keeps longer and ready to eat. Family member saves the small empty peanut butter jars and fills them with fruit smoothies then pops them in the freezer. I divide a large hot dish and freeze some. My friend keeps an inventory of her freezer on a clipboard, not a bad idea.

We we all need to be inspired and I'm happy to read what others do.

Last edited by tranum; 08-10-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Adding