View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:14 PM
AmyBible

Default Batting for Bonnie's Mysteries?

Hi - for those of you who have completed Bonnie Hunter's mega-pieced Mystery quilts... which batting do you prefer? I made Allietare and wanted something light and soft so was advised to try Quilter's Dream "Dream Puff" batting. Didn't like it - it was very stiff and did not drape nicely - it was also a bit thicker then I had hoped (bought it at an out of town quilt shop who didn't let me open the package to feel it - my bad - never again).

I made 2 not full size versions of En Provence - one of them the recipient wanted fleece on the back so I used Joann's Soft N Craft #2 which was nice and light weight so I also used it for my second En Provence too.

I am almost finished with the top of my 3rd En Provence and since it is full size (full pattern) I still want something that won't make the quilt heavy, I'm using flannel on the back, but want something... well... a bit nicer than Soft N Crafty. Something thin and lightweight - I keep thinking cotton would be better than polyester but feel like cotton will add too much weight to an already heavy quilt.

I've used Pellon's White Nature's Touch cotton before - it's thin.... would that be a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your advice - it is appreciated.