Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
....The stitch plate is recessed slightly, about 1/8" or so. That I HAVE checked and the other table at the dealer has the same build - just something I never noticed until I got mine home and tried using smaller rulers with it. Looking at the machine and the table, I don't think there's really a good way around it without changing out the top entirely. ..................
An additional thought ..... I am wondering, could you put something under the machine to raise it that slight wee bit, to level the stitch plate to the table?

That could be done for my S16, but I am not sure if it is do-able for your Q20, as I haven't really paid attention as to how the Q20 sits into the table.

Don't beat yourself up over being fussy or OCD'ish, as you suggested ..... we pay a lot for these set-ups and want them to be perfect! Just like when we bought our first new cars ...........

The important part is to get using the machine and discovering how wonderful it is.
Perhaps bargains with yourself that you will not do any adjustments until
you have given it all a fair chance. It could be that what you are perceiving
as causing problems, may not be an issue, once you are more familiar with operating the machine.

Good Luck!