Thread: peddle machine
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
One thing I do remember, do not stop the treadle by putting your foot underneath the peddle! LOL
No that is a bad thing to do! I treadle barefoot so I know how it feels to get your foot under the peddle by accident. :oops:

Having lived for over a year with no electricity I can tell you it's not at all cozy and quiet living the simple life. The nostalgia wears mighty thin in a few weeks. When we did get power, it was solar. Solar power is not that reliable or great. Even the water heater was solar. I hated it. Sold the 'homestead' and moved to the city!
The solar panels I bought came off of an office building that was torn down in Chicago and just one should be enough to run a house but I have 5 of them and only paid a grand a pop for them. The contractor that I picked them up from said they listed for over 15 to 20K each brand new. I even have all of the battery racks and the inverters that came out of the same building. The panels are around 8'x25' each, so they aren't the residential type by far. But I am going to power my home (a little over 4200sqft) and a shop I am going to build.

I should not have any issues with the power (I will even have 240v3 phase) but like I said earlier there is that guy Murphy that his laws will bite you if he ever gets the chance! :lol: :lol:

Billy