Old 09-02-2017, 06:31 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default Gammill SKipping stitches--does anyone know much about encoders??

My hand guided Gammill Classic Plus started skipping stitches--I may have hit a ruler but don't think it is the cause. it only skips when I make circular motion to the left and up or occasionally to the right and up.
It's not making holes in the fabric, so it's not a needle issue. just jumps anywhere from 1/8" or 1"--and always when I'm going pretty fast. When I switch to manual mode there is not any skipping--so after checking needle bar height and the timing (first "chance" to re-time it in entire time I've owned it--what a pain), I'm thinking my Gammill rep's guess of either timing or stitch regulator encoders, is the issue means that it's SR encoders.

I'm so bummed! Had planned to work on my own quilt for a show end of Sept. and not be rushed--so now I have to figure out the issue and/or get the actual tech to come to my house and do the work (and come up with the expenses). I switched to EZ Rider wheels on my machine about 11 months ago and it was a hassle to set up the encoders, but think it's been ok since. I haven't been thrilled with my stitch quality in that area for a while, but guess these means back to working on a machine tomorrow after church.

Any suggestions from long arm owners are welcome!