Old 09-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Penster

Default Question: Label for quilt I am making (for friend to give to her grandson)

Please forgive me if this has been answered before...I tried to find the answer using search and I probably just don't know the proper words to search for.

I am making a Rainbow Fish quilt for a friend...she is going to be gifting this to her grandson for Christmas. When doing a quilt you are not actually giving to the ultimate recipient, do you still put a label on the quilt? Or do I ask her if she wants me to make and put on a label that references her gift to her grandson? Such as "To Tyler, Christmas 2017, Love and Hugs, Gramma Sue"

This is the first time I have ever made a quilt for someone who is gifting it to someone else, so I am totally unsure what to do. Usually I do a label with a short note to the recipient and my name, city and date. But I don't think that is appropriate in these circumstances...Not sure if it makes any difference, but I am not charging any money for this, as I don't quilt for money, just for love .

Thanks for any input you can provide.