Old 09-16-2017, 12:05 PM
quiltingcandy

I don't think I would put food of any kind in it - the lid is wood and must have the tobacco smell. (My dad was a pipe smoker and his humidor was wood and it smelled fantastic long after he stopped smoking.)
My first thought was the crochet hooks too - so maybe the markers/pencils/pens you use. I am forever looking for my pencils in my sewing room. I also have a few other items like a 6 inch ruler that is a 1/4 inch cube shaped that would fit, and I am sure there are other items that given time will work well. If it were mine I would put it in the sewing room and see what gravitates to it. My sister gave me a pretty cotton ball crock for my dresser - but I thought it was pretty and it made its way into my sewing room and it holds my safety pins. But now I am thinking of taking the pins out and putting my clips in since I use them more than the safety pins.

I just looked at the picture with all the scissors in it - that would be wonderful too, especially for all my little scissors that like to play hide and seek in the sewing room.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 09-16-2017 at 12:08 PM.