Old 09-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Very pretty Chasezzz, just took a quilt off the longarm and will start mine soon. I just sent you a PM about quilts and the hurricane.....Just wondering if there is a place where they could be given away to people in need? I could get some quilted and bring them with me if there is, let me know please.
Jaba, there is always a need for quilts at the chemo center, but I have no idea where you would send them for hurricane victims. Chasezzz is a good person to ask.
But lets talk about you... Maybe pack some extra groceries if you can. To my knowledge all local WalMarts are currently closed. They had temporarily closed their grocery pickup at all stores. I spoke with corporate this morning and he said the local stores are closed. I know there are other grocery stores open, but stock is low. You might want to bring some extra stuff like pasta and sauce and/or pet food, etc. I heard that if you want bread, you need to get there around 8:00 when its delivered. You can just about forget going to fast food places right now. The lines are all around the buildings, because so many are getting food there due to their power being out. Might want to pack some PBJ, coffee and tea bags, just in case. If you don't need it by the time you get here, it won't spoil in your pantry! If you're like me, you need that coffee in the morning! LOL When do you expect to arrive? Stay safe. Jan