Old 10-03-2017, 05:30 PM
MadCow333

https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/ was the first site I stumbled into when I got the Magic Chef (dang good clone of the IP.) I use the potato salad and mac & cheese recipes from there. And adjust the recipes to taste, of course.

The water / steam test in the Magic Chef manual says "3 cups of water" and I just automatically presumed that meant 3 actual cups as measured with a liquid measuring cup. I tested my IP Duo60 V2 the same way and didn't realize that there is so much confusion in the IP world about what 3 and what kind of cup do they mean. lol It would never have crossed my mind to use that little plastic thing that comes with both pressure cookers. I looked at it and tossed it back in the box. I guess it's for rice?

But I use the Southern Living lazy way to make white rice: No rinse. Measure rice in a measuring cup. Dump into pan on stove. Take same measuring cup (that's meant for dry measure, heehee) and measure out 2x to 2.5x as many measuring cups as rice. Dump water in with the rice. Sans lid, bring to a good full rolling boil. Set pot off the burner. Put the lid on. Leave it sit maybe 10 minutes undisturbed. Fluff with fork. Who needs a rice cooker? lol

I predict I will not be one of those people trying to pressure-cook every kind of food in the world in the Instant Pot. :-D