View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Pagzz

[QUOTE=RST;7922320]Well, it's kind of rude for you to read my honest question and observation as snarky, but so be it.

I find your responses to be inconsistent, and that's what I'm trying to understand. you say that doing your best is important, and that competition drives you to do your best on the one hand, but at the same time, you don't feel that you have done your best and can feel good about your work unless there is a certain percentage of entries that is ranked more poorly than your own. QUOTE

It seems like you are mashing everyone's comments together to come to your conclusion which seems critical of others in the "discussion". As if all the responses are from one person or it is everyone else who commented vs you.

Personally there are many reasons I enter quilt shows. Yes I usually know what a judge might critique me on but their comments are often helpful. I have entered quilts when the guild needs more quilt entered. Yes I have entered feeling competitive with no apologies. Most of my competitiveness is with myself. I love to do better than I did before whether it is quilting or gaming etc. I also love show and tell at guild, I love seeing others work, I love showing my work - not to be "better" than them but because those are the people who understand my love of quilting. My family will always say, "that looks great" but that doesn't compare with other quilters gasping when my quilt is unfurled at show and tell. Paint me as shallow if you will, I don't care, I am me.

Last edited by Pagzz; 10-09-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: clarification