View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:33 AM
leonf

Default Disappointment and delight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582054[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582053[/ATTACH]

This weekend I thought I was going to get a Singer Spartan and a 3/4 aluminum Domestic. Singer was given away by the hubby while I was making arrangements with the spouse. Domestic travel didn't happen so I may still get it, just not yet. ( sigh)

But I saw an ad for a garages sale. Said VSMs, but only one was pictured and far enough away it could have been anything. Ok I went. They had a Pfaff332, 66 crinkle centennial, Square base Kenmore VS, and 2 15 clones.. Hmm not bad. I made an offer for the Pfaff and the 66. Negotiated for a bit higher than I wanted to go.. I really don't need another 66 but. well, you all know. Pfaff would barely turn by hand the motor couldn't do it. Lady was a quilter and was a bit concerned about my repair bills. "Not to worry, I prolly have the skills to revive it." Then she asked if I'd like a dirty Necchi NA. "Oh yea,"
dug it out and went to plug it in when I saw bare wires. That will have to wait. She gave it to me.
We talked quilting and I told her about our handcranks demos and using rotary and VS machines.
Then she said, "you know, not many people know how to run VS machine and gave me the Kenmore , also. Wow. I was quite touched. Left the 15s for other customers.

Monday I sold a 15 treadle to a quilting cousin. She has a Homesteader LA so I thought using a 15 would be comfortable since her LA was built from a 15 On the way there, I stopped by a favorite thrift near my sis's place. Bought the Emdeko and a tall upgraded Schwinn bike. Had to leave the bike at my sis's. Left the particle board cabinet at the thrift.

The Pfaff and the Emdo are stitching well now.. Pfaff will prolly always be ugly. I thought the table extensions over the free arm were pretty neat.
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-332-b.jpg   patricia-15-treadle-b.jpg   endeko-b.jpg