Disappointment and delight

Old 10-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Disappointment and delight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582054[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582053[/ATTACH]

This weekend I thought I was going to get a Singer Spartan and a 3/4 aluminum Domestic. Singer was given away by the hubby while I was making arrangements with the spouse. Domestic travel didn't happen so I may still get it, just not yet. ( sigh)

But I saw an ad for a garages sale. Said VSMs, but only one was pictured and far enough away it could have been anything. Ok I went. They had a Pfaff332, 66 crinkle centennial, Square base Kenmore VS, and 2 15 clones.. Hmm not bad. I made an offer for the Pfaff and the 66. Negotiated for a bit higher than I wanted to go.. I really don't need another 66 but. well, you all know. Pfaff would barely turn by hand the motor couldn't do it. Lady was a quilter and was a bit concerned about my repair bills. "Not to worry, I prolly have the skills to revive it." Then she asked if I'd like a dirty Necchi NA. "Oh yea,"
dug it out and went to plug it in when I saw bare wires. That will have to wait. She gave it to me.
We talked quilting and I told her about our handcranks demos and using rotary and VS machines.
Then she said, "you know, not many people know how to run VS machine and gave me the Kenmore , also. Wow. I was quite touched. Left the 15s for other customers.

Monday I sold a 15 treadle to a quilting cousin. She has a Homesteader LA so I thought using a 15 would be comfortable since her LA was built from a 15 On the way there, I stopped by a favorite thrift near my sis's place. Bought the Emdeko and a tall upgraded Schwinn bike. Had to leave the bike at my sis's. Left the particle board cabinet at the thrift.

The Pfaff and the Emdo are stitching well now.. Pfaff will prolly always be ugly. I thought the table extensions over the free arm were pretty neat.
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-332-b.jpg   patricia-15-treadle-b.jpg   endeko-b.jpg  
Old 10-10-2017, 01:41 PM

What, exactly, is a VS machine?

bkay
Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
What, exactly, is a VS machine?

bkay
Vintage sewing?
Old 10-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Vibrating shuttle.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:35 PM

Neat. I had to look at the manual, which really doesn't give a whole lot, about the extension table. That is really a good idea. Did you get the manual with it? I'm sure you know it is a desirable model, and especially among Pfaff Pfans.

Did you get a manual and cams with the Emdeko?

and - you were right, I don't mind if someone gives you credit for a link I posted

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:20 AM

yes. VS =Vibrating shuttle.

I didn't get manuals or paper for any machines, but I got a box of Necchi fiddly bits.

I didn't know about that particular Pfaff, but thought it was a good idea. Glad I was right.

Janey, I had John's workstand in my car. The husband of the quilter was impressed. I haven't built the supports for it yet. Life gets messy sometimes.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 AM

No cams for anything either.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
yes. VS =Vibrating shuttle.

I didn't get manuals or paper for any machines, but I got a box of Necchi fiddly bits.

I didn't know about that particular Pfaff, but thought it was a good idea. Glad I was right.

Janey, I had John's workstand in my car. The husband of the quilter was impressed. I haven't built the supports for it yet. Life gets messy sometimes.
Yes, I know about messiness
Pictures of Necchi fiddly bits?
I have some jpg's of the manual for your Emdeko that I got a few years back. I was researching for the cams I got. It was a couple years later before I found my Emdeko machine, but it is a little different than yours. I think there is a pdf on one of the Yahoo groups (wefixit or vintagejapanese), but named Endeko.

I recently joined OldPfaffPforum and there a lot of posts about 260, 262, 362 You need a lot of patience to join and post (I had one post that took 4 days before it was actually posted). The manual can be found at the Pfaff website. http://www.pfaff.com/Support-and-Updates/Support

Gotta go to work, or I would try to find more on either machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.