View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by RST View Post
Interesting that a) you talk about internet board exchanges with your husband and b) that you presented it as an argument, when it really could be read as a conversation with hopefully give and take of insights and opinions and experiences.

I was laughing as I was reading your responses and my husband asked what was so funny. I read the entire exchange verbatim out loud to him. I didn't present anything. He's the one defining it as an argument, so apparently to an uninvolved third person that's what is.

Peckish -- I never said that competition is evil or wrong.
It's cute how you imply that people who like to compete are small, insecure, and unsucccessful unless someone else loses because they win, then when someone calls you out on it, you claim that's not what you said. You're twisting words to make competition a negative thing, and I am obviously not the only person who thinks this.

I would like to understand the thinking and mindset of a person who goes to the fair, enters their work, and is upset with getting a blue ribbon because other people also got blue ribbons.

What was your other example? Business competition? Hmmm. Are business practices in any way relevant to a discussion about quilt judging? Not sure that I follow without added information of where you are going with that. Alas, still unenlightened and in the dark about competition and its whys and wherefores. . .
Wow. I seriously underestimated your denseness. Games, business, and Olympic sports all have one thing in common - somebody wins and somebody loses. Competition exists in every aspect of our lives. And as I said previously, we've explained to you over and over again the "thinking and mindset" of people who like to enter their quilts in competitions. And you still don't understand??? More denseness, I suppose.....

I'm starting to suspect that you're just a troll. It's pretty funny, however, how this whole thread has been taking up space in your head. That's why I've been laughing, and needed to share the joke with my husband!