Old 10-15-2017, 03:46 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Jingle, I have to chuckle reading what you wrote. I had a childhood of very little variety in foods. Had I not been adventurous with food, I would never have discovered the joy of real spaghetti, Mexican food, Chinese food, steak, cheddar cheese, yogurt, fresh tomatoes, oranges anytime I wanted (not just for Christmas), the list goes on and on. All I can say is, at least once try jasmine rice. It smells so good I would wear it as perfume, and tastes just as good, even plain.
I totally agree, we were raised on potatoes and beans. I love food, and will try just about everything. One night while at my favorite Jamaican place they asked me if I was jamaican, (I don't even come close to sounding or looking the part so that surprised me) I told them no, they ask if I was married to one, no, Then she said she wondering why I came in so much, I told her life was too short to limit my choices of food to what I was brought up on. I look at it this way, we have to eat to survive and I love to eat and have no problem that I love to do what I have to do. Now if I could just feel that way about exercising. In the mean time I'll continue to try new things, eating out and cooking at home.