View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 07:00 PM
givio

Mailing eight 6" (finished) blocks is like mailing two 12" (finished) blocks. I'm not going to pay as much postage as is required by the swap for such a few blocks. I usually send one 12" block by first class mail for a 2-ounce 70 cent stamp. That's $1.40 for two blocks... Or if the two blocks together in one envelope weigh less than 3 ounces, then it's 91 cents.

I do understand there are QB general rules to follow, so if the swap was approved with only one type of postal situation then that's that.

However, QB general rules do indicate to be inclusive to people with various skill levels. I prefer to let people paper piece any way that they are comfortable doing it. I've done the method of paper piecing that sewbizgirl describes. It's just as accurate as other ways and besides the benefits of no paper removing and less cost for paper and printer ink, there are also benefits of no needles dulled by sewing paper, no rotary blades dulled by cutting paper, less weight to mail, etc.

Sorry! I thought we would be doing sets, like we have done in the past-- so I'll bow out.