View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Mickey2

It takes a standard base, what was know as full size machine, the same as several of the old cast iron Singer; model 15, 127, 201, maybe even a few later once too. The hinges and fittings for it can vary; so if you go for a used cabinet or case missing the machine double check; empty cabinets and cases turn up now and then.

Even if you didn't pay anything for it, take care of it. It's a very nice machine, and if the machine and cabinet is in nice condition it's a shame to split it up. It's a reasonably common model you will find all you need for it what ever you choose. I have mine in a small fold away table, some of the cabinets doesn't take up much space. The red eye decals are for some reason more popular than others, and not common at all in my area.

If you make a case for it, make it solid; I know you can do it with out too much fuzz. It's difficult to get them as nice as the originals, the new ones available are not made along an assembly line; that's why they cost a lot. A simple case is good enough, polish well well and it will be nice to handle. There are a few tutorials on the web for tips and inspiration, this one looks nice.

Last edited by Mickey2; 10-21-2017 at 03:07 PM.