View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:53 AM
bkay

I'm in the same predicament. The DH doesn't care one way or the other how many machines I have. We have an air conditioned out building that houses them, so they are no problem there. I've found them to be a burden, though. Each one has some need. Some as small as cleaning and oiling and a bobbin winding tire. Some as large as my Pfaff 130, which has never been plugged in and needs some veneer repair. They have become a bunch of jobs that need doing. I put an old Viking out for the metal pickers who come by on big trash week. I've sent a couple to Leon. I set one on the curb with a note that it still works. But I still have 16 machines and about 12 cabinets.

It's hard to get rid of them though. I thought the Pfaff would be easy to let go of. I figured it needed to sew to sell it. So, I started reading up on the machine. Now I want to keep it. Then I decided to get rid of my duplicates. So, I have 2 201-2s and 2 15-91s. But, the ugliest 15-91 was my mother's, so I can't get rid of that one. And, on top of that, I almost bought a White Fair Lady this week.

Thinning the herd is not easy.

bkay