Thread: Air Fryer Help
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Sewnoma

I have the Phillips air fryer, I bought a refurb'd one from Amazon so I got a really good deal on it. It's the kind with the manual timer, which I didn't like at first because if I wanted to stop it early it wasn't easy and I worried about breaking the timer by forcing it forwards...then I realized (duh) I could just unplug it and let the timer tick the rest of the way down. I bought a little switch that I plug the fryer in to, so I can just hit the switch rather than unplugging a running device. Works great!

I use it a good bit - I like a lot of Trader Joe's frozen foods (like spring rolls, falafel patties, samosas) and those cook up great in there. I've also made potato chips, tortilla chips, and french fries in there. The tip for those is to shake it and stir it around often. For potato chips I stop and "harvest" the finished ones periodically - the ones I cut too thin will burn otherwise. Tortilla chips are less maintenance since I'm cutting up pre-made corn tortillas that are of even thickness already. Fries definitely turn out best if they're thinner cut. (I like crispy fries)

I like it, I think it's pretty handy and I use it at least 3-4 times a month.