Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryer Help >

Air Fryer Help

Air Fryer Help

Old 10-28-2017, 03:24 AM

Maybe I'm not using my air fryer correctly......so those of you who do a lot of things with yours can enlighten me-so I don't feel so guilty about this impulse purchase! I bought mine at Walmart last year..an in store demo....used it a few times for frozen fries, roasted veggies....that's about it. Do you have the accessory kit like the ones I see on walmarts online site- does that enable you to do more, better things...like do a whole chicken in it? Don't suggest FB...don't want to venture there...thanks for any suggestions.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:06 AM

No, we don’t have any accessories or kit for ours. And, I don’t even know if ours would be big enough for a whole chicken?
My husband just goes online and looks up Air-fryer recipe. He looks for the ones that don’t sound too complicated, and that use the ingredients that we generally have on hand.

I think he usually sticks with the Allrecipes website.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by MINNESEWTOGETHER View Post
No, we don’t have any accessories or kit for ours. And, I don’t even know if ours would be big enough for a whole chicken?
My husband just goes online and looks up Air-fryer recipe. He looks for the ones that don’t sound too complicated, and that use the ingredients that we generally have on hand.

I think he usually sticks with the Allrecipes website.
This blogger made a small chicken in her fryer https://bitzngiggles.com/air-fryer-roast-chicken/
Old 11-02-2017, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
This blogger made a small chicken in her fryer https://bitzngiggles.com/air-fryer-roast-chicken/
looked delish...but what about the minimal amt of juice that does ooze from chichicken while cooking....? I may try that
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 AM

I have the Phillips air fryer, I bought a refurb'd one from Amazon so I got a really good deal on it. It's the kind with the manual timer, which I didn't like at first because if I wanted to stop it early it wasn't easy and I worried about breaking the timer by forcing it forwards...then I realized (duh) I could just unplug it and let the timer tick the rest of the way down. I bought a little switch that I plug the fryer in to, so I can just hit the switch rather than unplugging a running device. Works great!

I use it a good bit - I like a lot of Trader Joe's frozen foods (like spring rolls, falafel patties, samosas) and those cook up great in there. I've also made potato chips, tortilla chips, and french fries in there. The tip for those is to shake it and stir it around often. For potato chips I stop and "harvest" the finished ones periodically - the ones I cut too thin will burn otherwise. Tortilla chips are less maintenance since I'm cutting up pre-made corn tortillas that are of even thickness already. Fries definitely turn out best if they're thinner cut. (I like crispy fries)

I like it, I think it's pretty handy and I use it at least 3-4 times a month.