Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryer Help >

Air Fryer Help

Air Fryer Help

Old 10-26-2017, 02:33 AM

I have one also and use the instant pot more than any appliance. I do hot dogs or sausage in the air cooker and could
use the IP for that too. Wanted it to do low fat cooking but just takes up space .
Old 10-26-2017, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
I have one and I really like making my chicken nuggets in it. I soak the chunks in dill pickle juice for 30 minutes and then follow the dipping method of egg wash and coating after that. They are done in 10 minutes and so very good with the dill flavor.
Thawed a salmon plank, cut in smaller pieces, foil to line the basket, lemon pepper and a spray of EVOO, again very good and quick.

I do not do fries so do not use it for that.

Check out Walmart to try one and see if you like it. Lots of recipes online.
Where do you get pickle juice? I've been wanting to try chicken soaked in pickle juice and cooked in my air fryer but we don't eat enough pickles to save an adequate amount of juice. Are there any stores that sell pickle juice?
Old 10-26-2017, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by noahscats7 View Post
I bought the copper tray with basket-like rack to fix french fries on. Forget it They don't cook even and take forever.
Since we're on a fixed income I improvised with the tray. I just put a cookie cooling rack on top of my cookie sheet and put the fries on that. They ended up cooked perfectly with little trouble and a savings for the bank.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
My advice to you.....stop watching those infomercials! Bought one....good to roast veggies in, fries......otherwise makes a great door stopper!
LOL, good to know, works as good as a breadmaker (doorstop wise).......haha
Old 10-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
Where do you get pickle juice? I've been wanting to try chicken soaked in pickle juice and cooked in my air fryer but we don't eat enough pickles to save an adequate amount of juice. Are there any stores that sell pickle juice?
Check online about 'canning' dill pickles for a recipe to use. Just me here so that is the way I go, make my own juice with NO pickles. Super easy to make using dried dill seeds and you can add any extra spices you might want.
I use 1/2 cup or so juice in a zip-bag to cover the chicken pieces, I flip it over a couple times.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:51 PM

We have the Power Air Fryer XL. well, my DH has it, LOL! He loves it. His favorite thing to fix is a whole chicken -- a smaller one, say 3.5 to 4.5 pounds. And I love eating what he makes!

A friend has one and she has perfected using it for fries -- both regular and sweet potato. She buys frozen fries and puts them directly into the fryer.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:19 PM

Thank you all for your replies!
You can get the pickling spice packets at Wal-Mart and Fry's grocery store. I never heard of soaking in pickle juice but I bet that is a unique flavor.
I've been investigating on line.......still undecided as of tonight. If I decide to get one I'll post my decision and the results.
Thanks again!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Since we're on a fixed income I improvised with the tray. I just put a cookie cooling rack on top of my cookie sheet and put the fries on that. They ended up cooked perfectly with little trouble and a savings for the bank.
I actually thought about that, glad to know you had success! Thanks.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:38 AM

We have one, and, we just love it!

I bought it online from Amazon - during the cyber Monday sale (first Monday after Thanksgiving).
We ended up getting one made by Avalon Bay ... just went with the one that had the most, positive, 5 Star reviews (and, the least negative reviews).

Our absolute favorite recipe is thawed chicken breasts, brushed with mayo, then sprinkle/coat with ranch flavored bread crumbs. Turns out perfectly every time!!! YUM !!

Also, another family favorite is: frozen mozzarella cheese sticks brushed with egg white wash, then covered with ranch flavored bread crumbs. Just delicious!!

Good luck with your air-fryer shopping!!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 AM

I have made chicken tenders as well.