Old 11-08-2017, 03:01 PM
tscweaves

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
The new thing I have discovered through one of my Facebook forums is the flying carpet sled which is a very large piece of plastic. I made a hole for the needle and it is wonderful. Doesn't move, doesn't get caught up in the quilt, very slippery. there are some discussions under Links and Resources but thought I would put a link here toohttps://www.amazon.com/Flying-Carpet-Sled-BLUE/dp/B001Q8SLE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510166843&sr=8-1&keywords=flying+carpet+sled+blue

I tried a big piece of vinyl, a supreme slider, and nothing. I really do think this sled thing is the best for me and my machine.
I tried a sled this weekend on my Singer 201-2. It is not exactly like the flying carpet sleds, it has the slick plastic on the bottom and the part that you sit on is a thin foam. What I found was I did not have enough clearance to use my ruler foot. I did not want to order one, the shipping is more than the sled itself. I will have to check some more local stores and see if I can find the one that is just all plastic with no foam. Good thing we are coming in to winter:-)