Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Pagzz

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
If this helps, here are the clues I go off to see if a MQ will work for me. Firstly, the color with the most yardage will of course be the main color of the quilt; so if you hate aqua/turquoise, you might want to change the color. Then I look at how much yardage Bonnie calls for her neutrals, as that is the balancing fabric. In order for myself to join in a MQ, I have made it a "rule" for myself that the neutral fabric must have the highest yardage. With GI, if I'm not mistakened, didn't call for much neutral at all. I didn't do it because I was dubious of the yardage and colors. With "On Ringo Lake" Bonnie is saying over 5 yards of neutral, and all her other colors play together well on the color wheel too. I am thinking it will be a winner just based off these tips. And if I don't like it, I'll just give it away . Hopefully you join us!

Thank you for the excellent advice. The only Bonnie quilt I tried but didn't like was Grand Illusion. I was skeptical of the colors going in and coming out I still didn't like the pink and turquoise especially with the yellows/greens. I tried to analyze her colors last year and though it isn't finished I am very happy my En Provence.