View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 03:39 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
This is our traditional pre-opening party and gathering spot.
I will start the fun!

My secret santee has said she likes old things so I have sent her a “dress length” , so she can use it to make all the vintage goodies her little heart desires. Hint - she does not live north of me, and never buys catnip. I do hope she likes the jingles I sent.

Now- for the most important part of this party...I am bringing dark chocolate cream cheese fudge with pecans.

If you all like the idea, I thought that this year we might share the recipes for what we are bring to this shindig.
What do you think?
Silly me forgot to add how I make my fudge....

I can of premade cream cheese frosting
I 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
I cup of pecan halves

Place frosting in glass dish (I use a four cup glass measuring cup). Add chocolate chips, them microwave 30 seconds (no more) then stir, microwave another 30 seconds and stir again, repeat one more time if it is not yeast smooth (if you try to microwave it longer than 30 seconds at a time, you will destroy the chocolate chips and the fudge), after stirring. When smooth, stir in pecans and spread in a shallow, parchment lined, cake pan or on a piece of marble covered by parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to cool completely before cutting. (I use a pizza cutter for this, but you can use a knife.)
I have experimented with this recipe and you can use any flavor of baking chips but the mint ones that are green make a very tasty but ugly colored fudge. Just never try to make it with fluffy type frosting. It does not work.

Thank you to the dear person who posted this idea in the recipe section.