View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:45 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
Many, many years ago, a square dance friend made the best ... pastry cookies, I guess you'd call them. The dough was rolled out very thin on a sugared counter, sprinkled with more cinnamon sugar, folded and rolled again, repeating until you had about 12 layers. Then they were cut in strips about six inches long, twisted a couple of times, and baked. The sugar formed a wonderful caramelized glaze over them. I had the recipe, but it's gotten lost. All I remember of the ingredients was a whole orange pulverized in the blender. The elderly gentleman who made them is long gone, and of the few original people who remain in that square dance group, no one has the recipe either. I've been looking on the internet for years with various key words, but no luck at all. Does anyone know this one?
I found this: http://cookandbemerry.com/twisted-co...lled-in-sugar/

They are called twisted cookies. I could not find any using an orange. Perhaps you could sub the orange for the liquid ingredients.

I hope you find your original recipe. Please post it if you do. It sounds yummy.