Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 PM
judykay

Originally Posted by sJens View Post
I would not use tear away stabilizer on dish towels or terry towels. If you use wash away you will not have anything showing but the great embroider design.
I use the wash away stabilizer for all my hand embroidery and hand quilting projects. Be careful you get the kind that looks like a very light weave and not the plastic kind. I buy it by the bolt when it is on sale or I have a good coupon at Joann's I do hand embroidery and hand quilting with it, I trace my design with a fine perma pen and use a little glue stick in the corners and lay it on my towel or whatever I am stitching on. Soak in warm soapy water and it disappears. When quilting with it I cut a piece a little larger than my quilt top and for a large quilt I use quilting pins to baste it on the quilt top after tracing my design the same as I do for embroidery. This works great for hand quilting with many different fabric colors. I have done lap to baby to full size quilts using this technique. After I am done quilting I wash it in the washer the same as any other quilt top. Since I started using this I have not marked any quilt tops unless they are all light colors that I can use my blue wash away marker on. Some of my tops the stabelizer has been on for months and holds up well.