Old 11-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Default What is your most useful quilt size, and why, especially if

you are making quilts just to make quilts?

I am working hard to use up a portion of my stash, so I am choosing blocks that are easy and fun for me to make. However, I have a tendency to make large quilts (queen size +/-) that take a lot of blocks. I enjoy making the blocks, but the putting together not-so-much. I am wondering if I should start making twin-size or throw size quilts instead. We are a very small family, with no one other than me much interested in quilts, and no babies, toddlers, or teens in need of a quilt.

I'm not a huge fan of donating quilts, although I do that occasionally. (One of my problems with donations is the impersonal way in which it is done. Where I am, you drop off a quilt and never hear a word about it again.)

I was thinking of couch throws, but I have noticed that my tendency (and that of others in the family) is to reach for the soft, fluffy, lightweight, thick polyester throw on the back of the couch when I need a foot cover. It is considerably less easy to manhandle a quilt throw that way, plus it doesn't have the cushy touch. Proof of the importance of the cushy touch is how many times our cats will visit the couch in order to palpate the polyester throw while purring (and bed down on it). I'm thinking maybe I should just make some decorative couch throws that don't get moved.

Anyway, just wondering what size others prefer to make, and the reasons for it.