Old 11-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Iona D.

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Iona, I am curious...you state you are in yearly production of some quilts but you don’t give them as gifts? Do you keep each of your quilts?
I was thinking of & referring to the actual sewing time frame I am somewhat restricted to. I live in Los Angeles CA. During the summer (and even right now in late Fall), it could get very hot. During the hot parts of the year, I am limited to just selecting/purchasing mostly remnants-bolt ends-clearance fabrics, from which I chose my favorite colors/patterns or solid, design my usually patchwork top, then pre-wash, sort and bundle the fabrics sets together into waiting plastic bins for temporary storage-though sometimes it might take a long while to get around to a given fabric.

The actual production of cutting, sewing and trimming/pressing does not happen until the temperature is below 80 or so degrees F. Simply since my living/working space does not have A/C and can be very uncomfortable to work in. I make at least a couple of rag quilts (my favorite quilting style & speciality) a year. The ones that don't survive my 2 miniature pinschers are recycled into dog/cat bedding anyway. That's why I stick to medium level Joann's 100% cotton flannel fabrics.

I will leave a couple of photos of my 2 little devil dogs and decide for yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails iona-sorina-2.jpg   iona-peeking-her-quilt-final-photograph.jpg   iona-tucked-into-bed-close-up-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Iona D.; 11-23-2017 at 11:00 AM.