Old 11-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Rhonda K

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
. I have to cut some strips to get a small enough piece so that it will go through. This die is one of the biggest backers and there is no room to roll up some extra fabric and send it through. Unless I am missing something.

This is also shooting ducks in the dark on a foggy night. How many 1 1/2 strips of this will I need? Am I cutting into a lovely piece of some color and making a 1 1/2 strip that I won't use??? Should I have saved that for some other shape?

For this 50 I will need two WOF chocolate browns, 4 aqua and 6 neutral. Do I want the same fabric for all this set?

Would some pictures of the Accuquilt problems be helpful?

Marcia
You should get approx 26-27 cuts @ 1 1/2 inches from each strip set. It looks like your math is close.

Yes, there is some waste using the strips but it will save on time. You also don't have to over cut too many strips. If you only need two pieces just lay that fabric down, then add the next color. Just be sure there are no more than 6 layers of fabric at any point or it won't cut well. Generally, I only cut 4-5 layers and there are not issues.

Yes, pics would help with your question(s). I'm not sure what you meant about " this die is one of the biggest backers".

I agree if you want consistency through out the quilt to make them all the same. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.