Old 11-25-2017, 04:51 PM
paintmejudy

Since the mystery is over with, I don't know how many of you will be checking on the site, but wanted to let you know.

I am sorry to post this, but want to let you know of the passing of Jan, our JustJan. She collapsed sometime the first week of November and was admitted to the ICU on Nov. 6th. She did not improve and was moved to hospice Wednesday and passed away Nov. 23rd.

Jan had been a follower of many of my mysteries, and in the past couple years had become a friend. We emailed at least once a day, usually more, and talked on the phone often. She was a great friend and will be missed. Jan was also a terrific quilter, and she had display racks in her home for her beautiful quilts. Last time I talked to her, Oct. 29, she was in terrific spirits, making new blocks for a another quilt.

Some of you may know that she had extensive cancer surgery in spring and was undergoing chemotherapy and her doctor was very positive of her recovery. I believe that her doctor had planned on completing the chemo in November. She did not pass away as a result of the cancer.

She did not have any family locally. Any services will be private and in her home state.