Old 11-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Kassaundra

Windblown, I am sorry for the circumstance of this morning, but relieved she wasn't seriously harmed. Battleaxe is right I would strongly suggest a medical alert system. I interact w/ elderly and the families in a medical setting all the time and was faced w/ this dilemma in my personal life w/ my Gma (raised me so my mother). Independence is highly valued by them and the value and quality it brings to the time they have left is irreplaceable. I see the aftermath when that is taken away and the elderly person was not ready. In my opinion it is worth some risk, keeping them as independent as possible as long as possible. Assisted living is a great option for some. For those who have their mind and mobility. It provides a social outlet, independent apartment living w/ some extras, like medical alert options built into the home. Some level of medical professional interaction on a daily basis ect. I would suggest having a real heart to heart discussion w/ siblings and her to make sure of what everyone expects from the time that is left, and what modifications can be made to make that possible
Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
Everyone's sweet little 9 patches are so cute. Watching the different color combos and placement make it so exciting.
I chose my colors because the first thing I notice about a quilt is color, then pattern. They are the colors I saw when looking a Bonnies photo of Ringo lake.

Thank goodness for this board, it lets me think about other things. I found my Mom, who is 93 on the floor at her house this AM. 9:30. Bless her she had fallen at 10:00 last night. Had crawled all over the house, did not want to call anyone because it was too late at night. She has been doing so well, she still drives and goes to senior exercise class twice a week. Then she makes such a bad judgment call, we wonder if we are doing the right thing by letting her be so independent. I live next door and my brother 4 blocks away, we are right here.

Last edited by Kassaundra; 11-26-2017 at 01:30 PM.