View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:30 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
I'd love suggestions from any of you who knit for unusual/unique/special types of yarn. I have a good friend who knits, and yarn is to her what fabric is to me. I would love to get her some special yarn, but I don't know a thing about it. I know the colors she likes, but that's about it. Thanks!
i knit, chrochet & quilt. i also do needlepoint, crewel embroidery ..all yarn needlework styles. yarns are specific to projects. even with sweaters, which i used to knit many of, there is a wide variety of yarns used. other than asking her for a much desired "wish i could afford ...", i would be more inclined to give her a gift certificate to a site or store that sells good quality yarn. also, there are as many wonderful notions for knitting as there are for quilting. so, a gift certificate could also be used for a long wished for notion. knitpics is one online site that sells quality yarn & notions ..or go shopping with her next time she buys yarn & then later you could get her a gift certificate to that store. i have given gift certificates a few times and i really prefer to give large wrapped yummy looking gift ..so ..i put the certificate in card and then place in large box with padding ..lot of fun watching the facial reactions as they go thru the layers and i have never ever not gotten a loud wonderful cheer when they got down to the gift certificate!
...and bless you for being such a thoughtful gift giver.