Old 11-28-2017, 06:25 AM
GramE

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
I love all the examples of everyone's 9 patches and am excited to think that perhaps today I can start on mine. Like NZ quilter, I had to finish this strip quilt before clearing a path for the MQ. I love your scrappy log cabin NZ quilter and GramE, I agree that your blocks look very elegant. I always struggle between going with constant fabric or bold neutrals like Lisa's ~ I'm trying to step out of my box, but not quite there yet.
Carol in WI, i’m Pretty much safely ensconced in the box. Scrappy causes me much anxiety. I need order and a plan! (I need to insert one of those laughing your head off symbols. I have a path to the machine in my sewing room, I guess I don’t need Tooo much order/plan!) I looked at my piles of fabric scraps/fat quarters/pieces and thought of NZ’s beautiful quilt. The first question in my head was, where would I start? The answer was NOT in December! I just finished making two tops into quilts, i’m Going to be happy for that progress! Now I see yours, amazing! String piecing is on my bucket list. I have enough phone books to make a super duper king size!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS