View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 06:52 PM
ND Quilter

I just read your last comment. I went to the Bernina website and found the 440 manual. The embroidery information starts on page 59. I found out it is EC on PC. (Not EZ on PC) It says to use Editor Lite or Art Design. It also says the Windows operating system is XP or Vista. I'm not sure if Artista V7 is compatible. I remember being told at one point that EC on PC was not going to be supported any longer. It says EC on PC will open automatically. But if the software doesn't open when you double click on it, I don't know what to tell you. Try using a different port. I remember there was something to do about setting the COM PORT. I would just try the different COM PORTS until one worked but you need the software open to get to that part.

Just thought of a Windows quirk. Try putting the dongle in the USB port and then turn on the computer. Depending on the operating system you are using, that may allow the computer to recognize the dongle. It does take a really long time for my computer to load the Artista software, but I do get pictures on the screen so I know something is happening.

If all else fails, call Bernina tomorrow. I can't find a phone number but there is a place to send an e-mail.

Just to add some more confusion it the issues, I notice there is a driver update from July 2017. So that may be your problem. That is beyond my abilities to help. Do you have a Bernina dealer close by? Can you take your machine, computer and embroidery module to them for help.