View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:51 AM
MaggieLou

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
First, she does need to know how to sew and be knowledgeable about the machine’s workings. If she already has that knowledge, she can Google quilt shops and quilt guilds in whatever city is closest to her. There are a lot of guilds in the Villages which are near Leesburg. I don’t know their qualifications for belonging. Belleview has a guild, “Busy Bees.” Ocala has a guild, too. It just depends on how far she wants to travel, but Google is a friend to research these things. I wish her all the best in her search. BTW, we used to always stop in Statesville when we traveled to PA. Nice town!
You must live in Ocala. We used to live there in the 60's. My GD lives in Lady Lake which is adjacent to the Villages. I think the guilds in the Village are age restricted. She's 27 so she's a long way from retirement age. I'll check the areas you suggested. I think she has a basic knowledge of sewing. When she started college she wanted a sewing machine. I'll have to check with her about what she knows. I know my DD just knows the basics but probably not enough to teach her anything.