Old 12-07-2017, 03:26 PM
GramE

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
clues 1 and 2

Carol in WI, you mentioned speed. The first couple of years I thought participants might even be telling stories about having their clues done
What I've figured out is they are likely using Bonnie's scrap user system. They may already have a pile of strips cut, or squares cut of all potential sizes, all they have to do is go pull them out of their drawers. If you eliminate pressing and cutting you can indeed be really really fast!

As I've gathered scraps, this is what I'm doing with them. The first thing to go with my eye disease will be cutting with precision, so since spring I've been precutting. My clear boxes, to me feel like a savings account, and I love looking at them.
When I decided to do a 2" scrappy tumbler quilt, all I had to do was pull my neutral 2" squares and then pick and choose from the color sorted boxes of 2" squares. Fastest quilt I ever made!

Just for the uninformed THIS IS NOT MY SEWING STASH! This is the stuff dreams are made of! I could only hope someday I would get to even a semblance of order approaching this. KalamaQuilts you are my hero! And that quilt is the Bees knees! Lovely!

Last edited by GramE; 12-07-2017 at 03:30 PM.