Old 12-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Carol in WI

I'm frustrated and disappointed today. I've been using the folded corners ruler, finding it slow and tedious, but thinking it was all worth it because I was getting perfect geese. Not! Why is it that my practice piece is always perfect, but nothing that comes after?

These geese aren't quite as bad as my Easy Angle/Companion results; for the most part, the bottoms are nice and square, and the center top is where it should be, but those darned side pieces are wonky. I should be able to use them all, but it's very annoying. I guess I should have chosen the trim down option. I think the next time flying geese come my way, I'll try the four-at-a-time method.[/QUOTE]

Lisa, I feel your frustration and I've had the same results with both the Easy Angle and the Folded Corners. The no-waste method has been much more successful for me, but I agree with it could be the seam allowances too. I also will have to check mine more often.

KalamaQuilts, your organization is impressive and I especially like all your interesting neutrals - I can hardly wait to see your finish.
It is wonderful to see all the variations and entices me to step out of my comfort zone more and more. Perhaps next time.
SoBusy, I pray that your mom recovers fully.