Old 12-15-2017, 02:30 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
The end triangle measurement, I know is for the non diagonal edge, however Bonnie's points are cut off, I halved a square for my triangles, so is that measurement w/o the point tip?
Only one of her corners is cut off, and it's the inside corner that lines up with the side of the square. You can still measure along your long straight edges. Kass, if you have an easy angle ruler, or any ruler that will help you cut off that one point, it's a big help in triangle placement if you can line up that inside edge with the edge of your square. That's why I am a fan of cutting triangles from strips with the easy angle ruler, moreso than cutting them from bisecting a square. Easy Angles are about $8 at Joanns, and with a coupon, even cheaper. I find mine indispensable.

The Tri-Recs ruler was not on her supply list, so that's one unit we don't have to worry about. Belfry, you're a genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I kept waiting for those stupid tri recs to pop up.

However, I can tell you it will not work to cut a 4patch diagonally to get this unit. If you look at Windblown's picture (above) you can see that beyond the point where you would have cut, there is a seam allowance. You have to do it Bonnie's way to get that seam allowance. Well.... there might be a very math-y convoluted way to make it happen, but it isn't worth stretching my brain to figure it out. Besides, that's Kass' job...