View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:19 PM
letawellman

Well, I grabbed one of the UFO shoeboxes... and man-oh-man, this is an Antique UFO...as in... about 30 years of a UFO!!!!!!
I had just started learning to quilt, and I have always loved the Dresden plate pattern. Unfortunately, I discovered pretty quickly that the applique aspect of DP is not my forte... so there it sat, year after year after year...
But I really have issues with throwing stuff away. I have to Really hate it to do so... and while this UFO gives me distress for various reasons, I don't hate it.

So, I thought and thought about Why I abandoned it... the applique aspect... how I hate to turn edges under (because it looks awful)... how if I don't, it will ravel...
and inspiration struck...

I can't do a lot about the blocks that were already finished, but the unfinished ones are now getting backed with fusible before I stitch them down onto their base. So, there were about 6-8 already done... and I completed 3 tonight... and there's quite a few yet to go... I'll hit the stash for sashing and backing when I get that far, but here's a "sneak peek"... will it get finished before 12/31/17? I don't know but it's at least moving towards completion...
Attached Thumbnails dresdens.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-25-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: remove shouting